GLOW UP SMOOTHIE RECIPE FOR RADIANT SKIN
This smoothie recipe not only tastes delicious, but it can get your skin poppin'!
- 1 cup water use less or more depending on the consistency you prefer
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 2 dates
Add all the ingredients to a blender, mix and serve! Garnish with a sprig of mint or a few berries, or both, if you're feeling fancy.
Why it works
- Water helps to flush toxins from your body and helps to hydrate the skin from within. So drink at least 2 liters (about 68 fl oz) if you want that glow up!
- Spinach contains vitamin C, A and K. It can help fight oxidative stress and even rebuild collagen.
- Flax seeds and chia are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid which help to keep inflammation at bay.
- Bananas contain a significant amount of vitamin C and B6, which help skin maintain its firmness. The antioxidants it contains, protects your skin from free radicals that can cause premature aging.
- Raspberries and blueberries have a high antioxidant content and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids to help achieve a clear complexion.
- Dates contain vitamin-A, which is known to help speed up healing, prevent breakouts and support the skin's immune system.
It's important to maintain a healthy diet, because what we put in our bodies, is just as important as what we put on them!
Share your favorite smoothie recipes with us in the comments!